Monday, November 23, 2020

My Dear Math

My Dear Math

Doing Math wasn't fun 
Most of the time I wanted to run.

Oho the numbers I learnt where everywhere
Even in my dreams to scare.

Addition was very easy I thought
Until the teacher taught me the carring plot.

Subtraction was easier than I thought 
But the borrowing led to sorrowing alot .

Multiplying had a lot of tricks 
Which I never got even after the stick.

Division was another term 
Which had really alot to learn.

I finally began to get them all 
Until word problems spooled them all .

Learning to me was always fun 
Because I would always turn my back and run 
Untill my mum caught me, and said;where you're going son

I always found a trick or two 
Forgetting that it was learning too.

Playing was something I loved to do 
Buy boy you're grounded was nothing new.

The homework I always had to do
Just imagine at late nights too.

The answers were right 
But the method was wrong 

In my mind they would all play like a horrible song 
I always wondered what's wrong

For years I kept up with it all
And in my life it helped me overall.

                                     By
                                        David T Nicholas

No comments:

Featured Post

This and That

This and That  A child's two words of tricks When they are really at a fix Or need something really quick They know the words...